Pawzy’s Vet Finder is a first-of-its-kind platform to compare local clinics and vet services in one place, and enable more informed care choices for pet parents
Pawzy.co, a Toronto-based pet health technology company, today announces the launch of the Pawzy Vet Finder, a comparison tool for modern pet parents looking to find the right veterinarian. The platform is available today in Toronto at pawzy.co/vets/toronto.
With nearly 40,000 monthly Google searches related to finding a vet in Toronto alone, the Vet Finder will help pet parents streamline and improve their selection process.
With the Vet Finder, pet parents can:
– Search by the vet type (general, holistic, hospital or rehabilitation) and desired service;
– Compare Google and Yelp ratings in one place; and
– Book clinic, mobile or virtual appointments
“Modern pet parents love their pets like kids, and finding the right vet is the most involved and important decision they will make,” said Kerri-Lynn McAllister, Founder and CEO, Pawzy.co. “Right now, the research process is broken, with individual and sometimes outdated clinic websites, scattered reviews and limited online information. Pawzy’s Vet Finder was designed to improve the vet selection process and help build lifelong health and wellness relationships.”
The conditions of the COVID-19 pandemic forced clinics to change their protocols, including limiting appointments to emergencies only, phone and email triaging, and curbside drop-offs. At the same time, pet ownership skyrocketed, increasing the demand for all pet services, including healthcare. Pet parent demand also shifted toward more mobile and virtual options, but only 10% of clinics in Toronto, for example, offer these services. Pawzy’s Vet Finder brings together this kind of hard-to-find information in one place.
– Over 60% of North Americans own a pet, and 95% consider pets part of the family
– Millennials are the largest pet-owning demographic, and more than 50% consider pets children
– The North American pet care industry is valued at over $100B and is growing rapidly
– The pet care industry grew during the past two recessions: 29% during the 2001 recession and 17% during the 2008-09 recession
Humane Canada estimates a 30-70% increase in adoptions and fostering during the pandemic
– Nearly 40% of pet parents say they want virtual or mobile appointments, but less than 20% say their vets offer telemedicine, and less than 10% offer mobile visits
Pawzy.co launched in October 2019 with a proprietary breed selector tool (pawzy.co/dog-breed-selector) to pair potential pet parents to an ideal dog for them, veterinary-approved dog breed guides (pawzy.co/dog-breeds), and, for the first time in Canada, a hub to access both breeders and adoption agencies on one platform.
Pawzy is founded by Kerri-Lynn McAllister, a Toronto-based technology leader with over a decade of experience building popular online marketplaces in Canada like Ratehub.ca and Zoocasa.com. Pawzy is supported by an advisory team of North American pet care, technology and business leaders, including Dr. Walt Ingwersen, past President of the World Small Animal Veterinary Association.
Full team and advisory board information can be found at pawzy.co/team.
Lire la suite: www.prweb.com